- Solvent-based polymerization
- Silicone urethane polymer
- Biostability/physical properties lend LifePolymer™ to demanding biomedical applications
LifePolymer™ material demonstrates excellent antifouling, blood compatibility and high-flex fatigue resistance properties. Specific applications may include:
- Insulin pumps
- Drug delivery
- Antifouling coatings
Manufacturing and Testing
Foldax® uses state of the art digital process control in the synthesis of every batch of LifePolymer™. Additionally, every batch is tested for chemical and physical property characteristics and provided with a Certificate of Assurance (COA).
- GPC: Nominal Mn of ~120,000 Da.
- DSC: Less than 0C. (typically -4C to -10C)
Physical property testing suite:
- ≥30MPa Ultimate tensile strength
- ≥500% Elongation
- ≥50 N mm-1 Tear strength
- ~80A Durometer (Shore A)
- 82.7 International rubber hardness degree (IHRD)
- 25-35 MPa Dynamic modulus
- Very low creep
- High biostability
Foldax® Manufacturing Expertise
The Foldax® team has more than 20 years of experience producing these types of polymer compositions and additional expertise is provided by our elite Scientific Advisory Board.
- High batch-to-batch consistency
- Fiber electrospinning
- Expertise with a variety of coating applications
Foldax® has been issued multiple US and OUS patents and has a number of additional patent applications pending. The issued patents are related to composition of matter, synthetic method and a variety of applications.
Foldax® completed an outright acquisition of the LifePolymer™ patent portfolio from CSIRO in 2023.